جمعه 27 آذر 1388
Cooking brown rice can be a little tricky. Unlike white rice, brown rice still has mineral-rich layers of bran - the extra thickness means that brown rice takes longer to cook. For extra flavor, try cooking the rice in vegetable or chicken broth instead of water.
Time Required: 2 hours
- Soak 1 cup of brown rice for 1 hour and drain.
- Add the rice to a medium-sized saucepan and cook, uncovered, on medium-high heat until the rice is dry (2 - 3 minutes). Stir in a small amount of salt if desired.
- While dry cooking the rice, bring a kettle of water to a boil. Add 2 1/4 - 2 1/2 cups boiling water to the rice and wait for the water to return to a full boil.
- When the water has returned to a full boil, turn the heat down to medium-low (a range setting of about 3). Cover and cook the rice until the water is fully absorbed (about 40 minutes). Do not stir the rice.
- Remove the rice from the heat, and let sit, still covered, for at least 10 minutes.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and serve.